1.0 Collection of Information
Classy Joints may collect a wide range of information to help understand our users and craft an experience around their needs. We collect information about you when you create an account; use the Platform; and communicate with us. We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies. If you elect to use certain features, we also collect information through other sources, such as social media services, invitations, and imported contacts.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment method data, photos, and any other information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited
before visiting our Platform. Classy Joints may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Contact Information: When you register for an account or customize your account on the Services, you may use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number. If you provide Classy Joints with your phone number, you agree to receive text messages to that number from Classy Joints. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, to market to you, to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse, and to help others find your account. You may also unsubscribe from a notification by following the instructions contained within the notification or on your native device settings, where appropriate.
- Basic Account Information: When you create or reconfigure an account, you provide some personal information, such as a username, password, email address, location, and/or phone number. On the Classy Joints Services, your username is listed publicly, including on your profile page and in search results, and you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. Some Classy Joints Services, such as searching and viewing public user profiles, do not require registration.
- Posts, Following, and other Public Information: Our Services are primarily designed to help you share information with like-minded individuals. Most of the information you provide us through the Classy Joints Services is information you are asking us to make public. Your public information may include the posts you create; the metadata provided with posts, such as when you posted and where you were when you posted; and the people you follow, posts you mark as likes, and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Classy Joints Services. We may use this information to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Classy Joints Services public for as long as you do not delete it, but we generally give you settings, like a “private account” option to change this. The Classy Joints Services broadly and instantly disseminates your public information to a wide range of users and services. For instance, your public user profile information and public posts are immediately delivered to the Classy Joints network as well as certain third parties, including search engines. When you share information or content like photos, videos, and links via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public. We may also use this information to target advertising.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We
may receive information about your location. We may save your location information upon registration to assist us in determining if you are in a territory with laws that permit the medical or recreational use of cannabis. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. We may also use this information to target advertising.
- Other Information: With your permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll, contacts of individuals you wish to find or connect with, or calendar information you want to manage via the Platform. You may provide us with profile information to make public on the Classy Joints Services, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. If you provide us with profile information and you don’t see a visibility setting, that information is public. For regular users, the username, profile and cover photos, and tagline are public by default. For business users, the full business name, address, hours, website, and other information will be public. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request.
- In compliance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and applicable state laws, our services and products are not directed to users under 21 years of age. Any use by someone under this age is strictly prohibited and will be terminated immediately upon discovery. Further, any personally identifiable information provided by someone under 21 or that identifies someone under this age, will be deleted immediately upon discovery if in violation of this restriction.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the
Platform you elect to use, including:
- Social Media Services: If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media
service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service,
such as your name and other information in that account, as authorized by that service. You
have the ability to disable the connection between our Platform and your third-party account at
- Invitations: If another member sends you an invitation through our Platform, we may receive
your email address or phone number. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation. Classy Joints
stores this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You
may unsubscribe from future invitations using the instructions in those messages. You may also
contact us at support@ClassyJoints.co to request that we remove this information from our
2.0 Use of Information
We use information about you to operate, improve, promote, and protect Classy Joints and our
Platform; communicate with you; and personalize content. We try to minimize the occasions in which
your information is shared or disclosed.
- User Consent or Direction: Other users may share or disclose information about you, such as
when they mention you in a post. You may prevent other users from viewing your posts by
utilizing the “block” function.
- Service Providers: We may engage service providers to perform functions and provide services
to us in the United States and other countries. We may share your private personal information
appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and on the condition that the third parties
use your private personal data only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions. If you are a
paying customer, we may share your Payment Information with payment services providers to
process payments; prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; facilitate
dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and for other purposes associated with the
acceptance of credit or debit cards.
3.0 Operating our Platform
- We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform
including, but not limited to:
o Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, and
develop new products and services;
o Personalize the Platform;
o Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
o Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal
activities, and protect the rights property, or safety of Classy Joints and others.
- Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with
you including, but not limited to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us and
others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Deliver communications from other members, in accordance with the
communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and
- Advertising and Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes including, but not limited
- Provide advertisements, content, or features that match member profiles or
- Facilitate contests and other promotions;
- Combine with information we collect for the purposes described in this Privacy
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was
Transactions Involving Payments
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are
handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution
institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit
card or other payment information and to process and ship your order. We do not
collect, nor store any of this information, on our servers and, thus, are not responsible
for the security of this information.
4.0 Sharing of Information
or without your consent.
We may disclose information about you:
- to members or social media services, subject to the choices you may make via the
- to our third-party service providers that help us to operate or improve our Platform;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and
- to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
Through our Platform
- We share some of the information we collect by displaying it on our Platform according
to your member profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is
always public. Some information, such as interests, is public by default but can be
hidden on our Platform. Some information, such as group memberships, will always be
visible to other members of that Classy Joints group, and may be public, depending on
the settings of that group.
With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform
to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission,
conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of
our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service
providers access, process and store information about you only for the purposes we
authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
Following the Law and Protecting Classy Joints
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may access, preserve, and
disclose to third parties information about you if we believe disclosure is in accordance
with, or required by, applicable law, regulation or legal process or governmental
request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical
issues; or to protect Classy Joints’ rights or property. However, nothing in this Privacy
Policy is intended to limit your right to defend and object to any requests by a third
party, including a government, to disclose your information. We may also disclose
information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of
Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property
or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Classy Joints or others.
Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Platform offers social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you
share actions you take on our Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such
features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the
settings you have chosen with the service. The service’s use of the information will be
governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in
connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the
services that provide these features.
- Affiliate Sharing and Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If Classy Joints is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy,
or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part
of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future
corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
We may share de-identified or aggregated information about you. We may also share
information about you with your consent or at your direction.
5.0 Additional Details
We may allow others to use technologies that collect information about you to provide analytic services,
and to serve ads for Classy Joints. You may be able to opt out of the collection or use of this information.
You can review and change information about you in your account on the Platform, or deactivate your
account, but we may retain certain information.
You may opt out of receiving Classy Joints’ promotional messages, but you may still receive other
Classy Joints is based in and governed by U.S. law, and you consent to processing, transfer, and storage
of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
We cannot guarantee the absolute security of information about you.
At www.classyjoints.co, we DO NOT respond to Do Not Track signals.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
technologies to collect information about your use of the Platform and other websites
information that they collect, use, or share, including how you may be able to control
these services or opt out.
Access and Modify Account Information
You may update or correct the account information that you have provided to Classy
Joints by editing your account settings or by sending an email to
support@ClassyJoints.com. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to support@ClassyJoints.com. Classy Joints may retain
certain information as needed to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate
business purposes, such as to resolve disputes and enforce our legal rights. We may also
retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Access and Modify Location Information
- When you first access the Platform, you may be asked to consent to our collection of
location information. If you do not consent to this collection, you may not be able to use
our mobile application. You can stop the collection of location information at any time
from a particular device by changing the settings on that device, but note that our
Platform or its features may no longer function properly if you do.
Access and Modify Cookies
- Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you
may be able to remove or reject browser cookies. You can learn more about cookies,
including how to block cookies, by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you
choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of
Access and Modify Promotional Communications
- You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Classy Joints by following the
instructions in those messages or by adjusting the communication preferences that you
indicate in your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional
messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
- Classy Joints is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by
U.S. law. By accessing or using the Platform or otherwise providing information to us,
you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S.
and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do
under local law.
- We employ measures designed to protect information about you, both during
transmission and once we receive it. For example, we use firewalls designed to protect
against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. Unfortunately, no data
transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100%
secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information,
you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet
which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all
information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be
guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in
transit by a third party.
members of Classy Joints, and others with whom you may share information about you.
Our Platform may direct you to a third-party service or a portion of our Platform
controlled by a third party (typically through the use of a frame or pop-up window
separate from other content on our Platform). Disclosure of information to these third
Revisions to this Policy
notice to you by publishing the most current version and revising the date at the top of
this page. If we make any material change to this policy, we will provide additional
notice to you, such as by sending you an email or displaying a prominent notice on our
Platform. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to maintain a valid E-
mail address as a registered user, review this site and this Policy periodically and to be
aware of any modifications. By continuing to use the Platform after any changes come
Classy Joints LLC
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
24 Vernon Street
Waterbury, CT USA
You may also contact us by email at: support@ClassyJoints.co.